Friday, August 20, 2004

Major Time Building

Today was a big day in my life. I got to solo a helicopter this morning. First I looked over the logbook to see if there were any problems there. I looked at the status sheet to see if any inspections or components were coming due. I performed a complete preflight. Documented the preflight. I Started the helicopter and ran it up. I then picked it up and flew all the way to my destination...across the airfield. That's right .1 hrs. total...Six minutes baby.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

The Helicopter was a Bell 206 Longranger. The company I work for has a fleet of 50 of these machines and they are willing to train me, a humble mechanic, to fly them. Helicopter Rule! Hey Sabik why don't you share some of your sail plane stories. I have spent alot of time in Southern Alberta and can only imagine how cool it must be to soar there. I've never been in a sail plane but I have always thought it would be awesome

Aaron said...

Hey! I've been to Cowley. I didn't know they soared there. My friends lived in a little town called Glenwood and we used to go shopping in Pincher Creek. Just the mention of Chinhook Country makes me want to go back up there. I took summer vactions each year to that area during my school years. We went to all the usual places like Waterton Park, Head Smashed In and Fort McCleod but what I miss the most is the drive through the farmland, having a coffee break at the Co-Op and fishing in the small trout lakes around there.