Thursday, August 05, 2004

Chip off the Old Block


When I was seven years old my dad took me to the airport with him. Dad asked me if I wanted to put the inspections panels back on the airplane he was working on at the time. I said yes and my interest in airplanes and aviation was sparked. I had already been exposed to airplanes when dad was building the airplane in the basement but when I actually started working on them I was completely hooked. Yesterday I took Josh to the airport with me and asked him If he would like to put the inspection panels back on the airplane I was working on. He said yes. It was just like I had stepped into a time machine. Up to this point I didn't understand how dad could stand by an let me work on an airplane with all the worries of messing something up or breaking a very expensive part in the learning process. I now understand that it worth the risk to pass something that I love to my son. When I was putting the panels back on my first airpane I felt ten feet tall but now I realize the dad felt twenty feet tall. Posted by Hello

No comments: