Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Keep Your Fingers Crossed

I finished my final three hours of training in the helicopter yesterday. I felt confident by the end of the day that I would do just fine on my check ride. I would have preferred to not do three hours in one day but the aircraft and instructor were available so I had to go for it. We did one maneuver right after another to include all the emergency procedures. I sorta goofed on a stuck pedal procedure but other than that I did pretty well. The instructor demonstrated the procedure with the pedals stuck and brought it in perfectly and then took off again with the pedals stuck. He looked over at me calmly while we are taking off sideways and going through ETL (what a goober) and said OK Aaron try it again. I aced it on the do over. Anyway, I'm taking my check ride on Monday so keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: