Tuesday, July 13, 2004

No New Shots in lieu of Self-Discovery

That's correct. I've not posted any new shots in the last few days because I've not taken any pictures in the last few days. I have been in a self discovery phase. The results of the study show that I may be a closet case redneck. You see in the last few days I have been frog gigging (pronounced giggin)and have attended a rodeo.

In case you are wondering what frog gigging is I'll explain. You arm yourself with a utensil known as a gig which is a 4 tined fork at the end of a twelve foot pole. You wait until most people are asleep. You sneak onto there private property without permission to gain access to the property owner's cattle ponds. You shine bright light around the pond until you blind a bullfrog sitting on or near the bank of the pond. Carefully you impale the frog with the gig. The legs of the frog are then cut from the frog. Why would anyone do this sort of thing? Because frog legs are somewhat of a redneck delicacy. Yes I ate them and they are excellent.

Please don't worry, I will remain "In the Closet" with this whole redneck thing. I'm not completely willing to convert to redneckism however through this self discovery process I have learned to appreciate some of the finer points of being a redneck and have a new found tolerance for rednecks in general.

No comments: